A spa day at home can be as simple as having a soothing soak to ease tension from your muscles after a very stressful week. We all need time for self-care to unwind and relax from our everyday life and one way to do that is with a relaxing spa treatment. There is nothing as great as a time-out to clear your head, and reduce stress.
At Carisma spa, we help you reach your full potential through our famous journey of relaxation and rejuvenation either with our spa experience or beyond the spa. This is why we will be sharing tips on how you can create a perfect spa day at home; from the basic preparations for your pamper day to the 17 steps for the perfect home spa treatment.
Preparing Yourself for The Perfect Home Spa Day
Before you can have a spa day, you need to ensure the necessary preparations have been put in place to start the day off on the right foot. No matter how busy you are, you need to treat yourself on special days to refresh and re-energize your body.
The basic preparation before your pamper day includes:
Checklist For Creating a Spa-like Atmosphere at Home
Your home spa environment is a place for you to recharge and revitalize. So you have to ensure you create the right atmosphere that is conducive to self-care, rest, and relaxation.
If you seem to have a little trouble answering the question: “What do you need for a spa day?”, you can find a checklist based on the Feng Shui principles below to help you create a harmonious spa day atmosphere in and around the home :
Now that you have what you need for a spa day, it's time to nurture and care for yourself.
17 DIY Steps To Planning a Perfect Spa Day at Home
You can escape from your usual routine with spa day treatments like Massage, spa & sauna, facials, body care, manicures and so on. There are so many different home spa treatments you can give yourself.
Here is a simple DIY routine you can use to give yourself a rejuvenating self-care treat whenever you please:
1. Draw a Hot Bath: Fill your bathtub with water of the right temperature. While filling your tub, dim the lights and light some candles. Help yourself relax by:
2. Add essential oil and other ingredients to your baths: This enhances your bath and gives you the benefits of aromatherapy. Feel free to add anything that can help you relax like; bubble bath, bath oils, and bath bombs, among others.
3. Try a skin mask: Apply a skin mask, let it sit on your skin for a few minutes and rinse it off. It leaves your skin feeling refreshed and smooth.
4. Massage your sore muscles as you soak: Take time to knead your muscles with your fingers to loosen yourself up from the sore muscle you have acquired from work stress.
5. Exfoliate your skin: Use an exfoliant and body scrub that you love and apply. Exfoliating after a soak is a great way to diminish blackheads and peel off dead skin. Exfoliating leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and healthy.
6. Dry your skin and apply a nourishing lotion: After your restorative bath, pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizing lotion to your arms, legs and torso to seal the moisture in. After that, put on your bathrobe and give your skin time to absorb moisture.
7. Exfoliate your face gently: Use warm water and a washcloth or a facial brush to scrub the dead skin off your face. Ensure to use your washcloth or facial brush in a gentle circular motion as the skin is sensitive and could stretch and wrinkle if handled roughly.
8. Facial steam: This helps relax you and open your pores. You can add a few drops of essential oil or any kind of herbs that appeals to you. Then place a towel over your head for 10 minutes to trap steam and breathe in deeply through your nose.
9. Apply a face mask: A face mask can be relaxing. It can also make your skin feel lovely. The most natural solution is to use a reviving mask with clay from a store. You can, however, create a simple facemask at home with a few ingredients.
10. Moisturize your face: Use a soothing day cream from a store or facial oil on your face to trap in the moisture from your facial treatment.
Mani and Pedi
11. Remove your old polish: Use an acetone-free nail polish remover if possible to remove old nail polish from your toe and fingernails.
12. Soak your fingers in warm water: Soak your fingers in a bowl of warm water for five minutes with your nails immersed. This softens your nails and cuticles to make them easier to shape.
13. Trim and file your nails: Use fingernail clippers or scissors to shape your nails to a crescent shape and round off the edges so your nails look professionally trimmed.
14. Push back your cuticles: Gently push back your cuticles with a cuticle pusher or an orange stick. Be very gentle to protect your fingers from infection.
15. Apply your nail polish: Make sure your nails dry completely between coats to prevent smudging. A good manicure has at least three coats: a base coat, a coat and a topcoat. The best method for painting your nails neatly is to paint one stroke on either side, then fill in the middle.
16. Soak and exfoliate your feet: Soak your feet for some minutes in a tub or a bowl filled with warm water. Use a callus shaver or any other instrument to remove dry skin
17. Trim and polish your toenails: Shape your toenails with clippers. Make sure you round off the edges to prevent ingrown toenails then do a three-coat pedicure.
After your spa day routine, you can slip into comfortable wear, read a book, listen to music and have an enjoyable you-time. If you have any refreshments, you can enjoy those too. There you have it, a DIY spa day at home for a good day's pampering. Don’t forget to check out some of our fantastic home care products to complement your self-care regime.
oTHER Posts You May be Interested In
Carisma Spa & Wellness International has been offering a superior service in 5-star hotels, and holiday resorts along the Aegean and the Mediterranean coast of Turkey and Malta since 1990.